Sponsors provide the hardware, software, training, and support the teams need to integrate technologies into their competition vehicles.
This arrangement gives students access to components and systems that might otherwise be unavailable or too expensive for them to use. Sponsors are able to promote their technologies and observe how they perform during rigorous and innovative use. Sponsors have the opportunity to meet, work with, and recruit hundreds of the nation’s most motivated and talented engineering students. Sponsors also gain international media coverage and develop partnerships with government, industry, and academia.
Below are the list of sponsors who helped make Ethanol Vehicle Challenge possible:
- General Motors Corporation
- GM Canada
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Natural Resources Canada
- Environment Canada
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Council of Great Lakes Governors
- Illinois Corn Marketing Board
- Illinois Dept. of Commerce and Community Affairs
- Renewable Fuels Association
- Canadian Renewable Fuels Association
- Governors Ethanol Coalition
- National Corn Growers Association
- Williams Energy Group
- Delphi Automotive Systems
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Nebraska Corn Board
- Nebraska Ethanol Board
- Nebraska Grain Gorghum Board
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Iogen Corporation
- Commercial Alcohols Inc.
- UPI Inc.