Sponsors provide the hardware, software, training, and support the teams need to integrate technologies into their competition vehicles.
This arrangement gives students access to components and systems that might otherwise be unavailable or too expensive for them to use. Sponsors are able to promote their technologies and observe how they perform during rigorous and innovative use. Sponsors have the opportunity to meet, work with, and recruit hundreds of the nation’s most motivated and talented engineering students. Sponsors also gain international media coverage and develop partnerships with government, industry, and academia.
Below are the list of sponsors who helped make Methanol Marathon possible:
- General Motors
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Energy, Mines, and Resources Canada
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Sports Car Club of America
- BP Oil (America)
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Canadian Oxygenated Fuels Association
- Environmental Protection Agency*